Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Peek at the Lexie Barnes Gem


Lexie Barnes has a great selection of bags and accessories, so I thought I would give the LB Gem a try. I was hoping to find a small lightweight bag that I could use to carry a few basic essentials. I am happy to say that the Gem will meet that goal and many more.

The water-resistant taffeta fabric wipes clean very easily. I am fond of the the Utopia print - the yellow, green, and brown tones work very well together to achieve an uplifting, yet funky print. If that is not your style, the new Pacifica or Diablo prints may be perfect for you.
The Gem measures 8.25”h x 5.5”w x 2.5”d and perfectly fits my basic essentials: PDA, wallet, sunglasses, keys, and Ju-Ju-Be Be Mine that stores my small items. I also like that its total size is small enough that I can put it inside a larger bag when traveling. The strap is adjustable and detachable, too, making the "bag in a bag" not just feasible, but comfortable since I will not have to fight with a strap while it is in a bigger bag. There is a zippered pocket on the inside and one on the rear exterior as well. The exterior pocket is the perfect size for receipts and other extras and fits a checkbook perfectly.

For a small, lightweight bag, the Lexie Barnes Gem is a functional and fashionable choice. An added bonus is its versatility - you can stuff some wipes and diapers in it and throw it in your larger bag. It will make a fantastic travel bag for tickets, ID's, and maps so I can assure they are easily accessible, but toss my Gem in a larger bag when no longer needed. Function, fashion, and versatility all in one bag...one can't ask for much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.littledudesanddivas.com